Bookseller David H. McConnell founded Avon in 1886, 34 years before women in the U.S. had the right to vote. For more than 125 years, Avon has been empowering women around the world through its Representative earnings opportunity. Today, Avon is an iconic global beauty company with breakthrough beauty products in skincare, colour cosmetics, fragrance and personal care, and has a Fashion & Home category. Avon is also a leader in the direct-selling industry.
Avon at a Glance (2014):
- More than 32,000 Associates
- Six million independent Sales Representatives
- Available worldwide
- Nearly $9 billion in revenue
- Headquartered in New York City
Awards and Recognition:
- Avon has been ranked as one of Interbrand’s Best Global Brands
- Avon has been named one of Interbrand’s Best Global Green Brands for four consecutive years
- Avon has been named a Reader’s Digest ‘Trusted Brand’ in Poland three times
- In 2013, Avon received a Silver Edison Award for ANEW Clinical Pro Line Eraser Treatment with A-F33
- In 2012, Avon was named a top beauty brand in South Africa’s ‘The Sunday Times Top Brand Survey’
- Avon has been a Fortune 500 company since the list’s inception.
Avon Quick Facts:
- Around the world, four Avon lipsticks are sold every second.
- With its launch of the ANEW line, Avon was the first company to bring Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) anti-aging technology to the mass market.
- Avon enjoys 90% brand recognition in most major markets.
- Avon global philanthropy has donated more than $957 million in more than 50 countries for causes most important to women.
- Avon’s two key global philanthropy programs are the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade and Speak out against Domestic Violence